Allow the product to reach room temperature before mixing. Though ELIGARD is shipped refrigerated, it can be stored for up to eight (8) weeks at room temperature.
Once mixed, the product must be administered within 30 minutes or it should be discarded.
Use aseptic technique throughout the procedure. As with other similar agents, the use of gloves is recommended during mixing and administration.
Step 1 – Prepare
- On a clean field, open the tray with gloves by tearing off the foil from the corner of the tray.
- Empty the contents onto a clean surface.
- After opening the tray, discard the desiccant pack included in the tray pack.
- Open the needle pack so it’s ready to attach.
- Grasp the latching button on the connector and press until a snapping sound is heard. The two syringes will be lined up.